The role of Assessor is vital to the delivery of qualifications as it is this person who will support the learner through their journey by:
- Planning how the learner will generate their evidence to meet the requirements of the qualification
- Judging the evidence produced by the learner to ensure that it meets the requirements of the qualification
- Providing ongoing feedback to the learner so that they understand how they are performing throughout their qualification journey at all times
As such it is important that those carrying out the role of Assessor are knowledgeable and experienced in how to conduct assessment of evidence.
SFEDI Awards requires Assessors to be able to demonstrate that they:
- Understand the principles and requirements of assessment
- Understand the different types of assessment methods that are appropriate for the qualification
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and other appropriate people within the assessment process
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand how quality assurance of the assessment process is to be carried out
- Understand how to manage information relating to assessment
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
As well as this, Internal Quality Assurers must demonstrate knowledge and/or experience of the subject matter for the qualification that they are intending to quality assure.
Centres must ensure that staff members who undertake the role of Assessor are competent to perform their role and therefore must provide appropriate training and development opportunities to ensure that Assessors can complete their role appropriately.
- Managing the assessment system, from assessment planning to making and recording assessment decisions as required by SFEDI Awards
- Assessing evidence of learner competence against the standards required within the qualification
- Ensure that the learner’s evidence is valid, authentic and sufficient
- Maintain accurate and verifiable learner assessment and achievement records as required by SFEDI Awards
SFEDI Awards provides documentation that can be used by an Assessor within an approved centre but we do not mandate that you make use of our documents. If your centre chooses to make use of your own documentation then this must be standardised across provisions in relation to the delivery of SFEDI Awards qualifications and be approved prior to commencement by a member of the SFEDI Awards team.
Assessment DocumentationAS1 Learner Registration Form (148)
AS2 Assessment Plan (140)
AS3 Assessment Report (149)
AS4 Witness Testimony (137)
AS5 Evidence Matrix Record (155)
AS6 CPD Record of Activities (142)
AS7 Summative Statement (138)