Below we have provided information to the questions we are most asked. To see the answers simply click the question you are interested in and to hide just click the question again.
We will be adding to this list in the future but please feel free to contact a member of our Customer Service Team who will be delighted to help you if you have any further queries. Our Customer Service Team can be contacted at email@example.com.
Becoming an approved organisation within the SFEDI Awards centre network is as simple as taking only 5 steps!
Download the Centre Approval Application form from the SFEDI Awards website and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be assigned to a member of the Business Development Team who will support you through the application process
Once your application is ready it will be passed to a member of the Approval Team who will carry out a full desktop evaluation. A SFEDI Awards External Quality Assurer will be assigned to your application and will work with you through the approval process
SFEDI Awards will provide feedback highlighting areas for further clarification and discussion and will follow up with an onsite visit
Feedback will be provided from the onsite visit either awarding full approval to your organisation or providing an action plan for requirements to be met prior to approval being awarded
When full approval has been received, you will have access to a host of resources, which includes learning material and support when registering your learners
Your organisation and customers can benefit from:
- We are the UK experts in Enterprise and Enterprise Support, adding our brand will add value to your offer
- Our range of qualifications are designed to be flexible to meet the wide range of demand within enterprise learning
- Our assessment approaches are based around learners generating evidence and creating a portfolio allowing for a flexible approach to learning
- We have an ever developing and growing selection of supporting materials for our qualifications
- We issue certificates within 2 working weeks of a claim being made with most arriving with the centre within 1 working week
- We seek to attract public funding for our qualifications to support access for learners
- You won’t get an automated message system when you contact us, our centres are allocated a dedicated UK based Account Manager and Registration and Certification Support Officer to support your centre needs
- All enterprise learners are provided with 1 years free studying membership of the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs
- All staff members within an organisation directly connected to the delivery of our qualifications are provided with free membership of the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs
- Access to Start Up Loan opportunities through our partnership with the national Get Started programme run by the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs
SFEDI Awards does offer a pre-approval visit for organisations who require support in order to get ready to make their application. If you would like to know more about this then please contact our Customer Service Team at email@example.com
This can depend on the experience your organisation has with the delivery of qualifications. We aim to approve an organisation within 4 weeks from the time of making an application but our Customer Service Team will be delighted to talk through any special requirements you may have. If you would like to talk to one of our Customer Service Team members you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
SFEDI Awards offers two types of payment structure to join the centre network:
3 year approval with split payments – £500 + VAT per year
3 year approval without split payments – £1350 + VAT
Approval as a SFEDI Awards centre lasts for 3 years with a re-approval requirement at that point in time.
As part of the approval visit we will look to view the following:
- Details of assessment procedures
- Recruitment process, CVs, role profiles, competence, experience, recruitment and selection policy and Continuing Professional Development for all staff delivering, assessing and internally quality assuring qualifications
- Details of the resources to deliver the qualification(s)
- Management and quality systems
- Equal opportunities policy and monitoring arrangements
- Appeals and malpractice/maladministration procedures
- Programme of study information for learners
- Induction arrangements for staff and learners
- Tracking of learner progress and achievement
- Review and evaluation procedures
If you are already approved by other Awarding Organisations within the UK there is a chance that your application can be fast tracked and our Customer Service Team will be more than happy to talk through the possibilities with you. If you would like to talk to one of our Customer Service Team members you can contact them at email@example.com
Re-approval for a further 3 years is £600 + VAT but if you centre registers a minimum of £5000 worth of registrations per year for the 3 year approval then re-approval for a further 3 years is free of charge
SFEDI Awards provides a programme endorsement offer that means you can provide your customers with recognition of achievement and use the respected SFEDI Awards brand. This endorsement offer is for programmes that develop the knowledge and understanding of individuals through training programmes that benefit small and medium size enterprise.
Our Customer Service Team would be happy to talk through how we could support you with this. Please contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The short answer is anyone who wants to develop their enterprise and entrepreneurial knowledge. Details of the appropriate age ranges can be found under the overview section of each of the qualification pages on our website. For further details of who the qualification is appropriate for and the types of job role that the qualification would support please see the qualification specifications that can be found under the documentation section of each of the qualification pages on our website.
SFEDI Awards qualifications are all allocated Guided Learning Hours that aim to provide you with an idea of how long it would take your customer to complete the qualification but if you have any questions then our Customer Service Team would be delighted to support you. If you would like to talk to one of our Customer Service Team members you can contact them at email@example.com
Once an organisation has been approved as a SFEDI Awards centre then you are provided with logins for our dedicated registration and certification system which allows you to easily register your customers for SFEDI Awards qualifications and then claim certificates once they have completed their programme of learning.
This Enterprise Apprenticeship offers anexciting way for your customers to make a real impact within a business. It looks at the subject of enterprise in a new way to support people to use enterprise and entrepreneurial knowledge and skills to benefit existing companies of all sizes. For further details please see the information displayed under the documentation section for the Level 3 Diploma in Enterprising Skills in a Business Environment
SFEDI Awards aims to attract public funding for our qualifications where we can in order to support access for your customers. Further details can be found within the Funding of SFEDI Awards Qualifications section of the website.
Please note that SFEDI Awards does not have direct access to funding for our qualifications and so your organisation would be required to either hold a funding contract yourselves or enter into a sub-contract arrangement with another organisation
SFEDI Awards provides 2 External Quality Assurance visits per year but additional visits are available at a charge
SFEDI Awards qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual are available for overseas delivery and if your organisation is interested in how you could do this then please contact a member of our Customer Service Team who will be delighted to support you. If you would like to talk to one of our Customer Service Team members you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
SFEDI Awards operates under a 30 day payment period and further details can be seen within our Invoicing Policy within the About Us section of the website
SFEDI Awards has produced a series of worksheets that have been developed to provide our centre network with a learning and assessment tool. These will be continually added to over time so please keep checking back. The materials have been produced in Microsoft Word in order to provide centres with the ability to add further information or branding as appropriate.
Although these worksheets provide an assessment tool for the use of our centres, it is the responsibility of the centre to ensure that the evidence provided by the customer meets the requirements of the unit content shown within the assessment mapping section of the worksheet.